Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Circus Animal Waffles



   Happy Mother's day! For mother's day I made breakfast for my mom. I made circus animal shaped waffles with my new Bella multiplate baking station. It's so awesome because it has interchangeable plates to make different food. I used it to make cinnamon sugar donuts yesterday. The baking station comes with waffle shapes of circus animals. It has an elephant, a lion, and a... clown? My mom said it looks like a Christmas tree. LOL



   They were really easy and quick to make, especially with the waffle maker. I didn't have buttermilk so I added vinegar to milk as a substitute. Then, I tried piping the batter into the molds like I did with the donuts, but I found that it was a lot easier to fill the molds with a spoon. It was also impossible to not overfill the molds so my waffles came out stuck together, but I just broke off the extra pieces and ate them. Mmmm... So Delish!


   Then I sprinkled icing sugar and cocoa powder on the waffles and topped them with peanut butter and jelly. I'm so over bread. I mean bread is so last week. Now I'm all about waffle PB&Js.


Buttermilk Waffles (shaped like circus animals)

   Ingredients

2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk minus 2 tbsp
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 egg whites
2 tbsp white sugar
Toppings: icing sugar, cocoa powder, syrup, honey, jelly, peanut butter, whipped cream, fruit, etc.

  

   Instructions

1. Mix the first 4 ingredients until combined.
2. Add the vinegar to the milk, stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. In a different bowl, mix together the milk, yolk, and oil. Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
4. Whisk the egg whites into a foam, add sugar and continue whisking.
5. Combine the egg whites with the other ingredients.
6. Grease and preheat the waffle maker. Spoon the batter into the molds, close the lid, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
7. Remove from the waffle maker and onto a paper towel. Grease the molds again and repeat for the rest of the batter.
8. Devour waffles with toppings, a glass of milk, and while listening to circus music. Dadada, circus, Afro, polkadots, and so on. (optional)


   Glug Glug


   Glug Glug Glug


   Ahhh!!!

   Mom: Stop playing with your food!
   Me: It was thirsty!!! I was just helping it out.
   Mom: If only you liked cleaning as much as you like baking... and playing with food.

                                         Bye,                                    
                                         -Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment