Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Donuts

  
 
   Today was the best day EVER!!! My birthday is coming up and my momma got me a "birthday present". The reason for the quotation marks? My mom said she's no longer buying birthday presents for people, but she'll buy me anything I need. And this is obviously a necessity and getting it now definitely has nothing to do with the fact that my birthday is 14 days away. OMG. Only 14 more days 'till my 14th b-day. Hehe (note: I'm not trying to make my mom sound mean. She's just too stressed out to deal with presents at the moment.)

  
    Ta da!!! It's a... whatchamacallit?.. Donut, cake pop, circus animal waffle making thingamabob. (Wow, donut is being corrected but whatchamacallit and thingamabob aren't?)  The manual says BELLA multiplate baking station. Basically it's one of those fancy schmancy waffle maker things with different shaped pans to make donuts, cake pops/donut holes(I call 'em timbits), and circus animal shaped waffles. Yup. You can make all three because the pans are interchangeable. I'll have to try all three before I review this.
   

 
   I had to make the donuts right away. I couldn't wait another second. Actually, I originally wanted to buy the Bella donut maker, but when I got to Walmart, I saw this multiplate one which includes donuts, and was on sale for $29. $21 off from regular price. So I had to get it. Ya know.


    I followed the recipe for basic donuts in the manual but added my own little twist. And they were delicious! They  taste way way way better than deep fried donuts. But by the way, these aren't a healthy substitute for donuts. They are just baked not fried. But they are so nummy, delicious, moist, crispy on the outside, and just really good.


 Cinnamon Sugar Donuts

 Servings: 20-21 mini donuts

   Ingredients

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp vegetable oil

Cinnamon Sugar Coating

1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp white sugar

Instructions

1. Mix together the dry ingredients for the donut.
2. Add in the egg and the milk and whisk until smooth.
3. Add in the oil and whisk until combined.
4. Pour the batter into a piping bag or a sandwich bag and pipe the batter into the greased, preheated mini donut maker pan.
5. Close the donut maker and bake for 3 minutes.
6. Stir together the cinnamon and sugar.
7. Coat the tops of the warm donuts in butter/margarine and dip in the cinnamon sugar.
8. Enjoy!


   You could also bake these but I don't have a donut pan, nor have I ever made these in the oven. But, if you try baking these, let me know how it turns out and what temperature, time, etc.

   Have fun eating these for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Let's pretend to be cops on a stakeout!
                                                     -Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment