Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Crazy Teacup Cake



     It's only Tuesday, but I feel like I've been at school all week. And it doesn't help that my body's all sore from gym with that crazy teacher.
CrayCray teacher: "It won't hurt if you stretch"
Me: Ummm... All I've been doing is stretching.
CrayCray teacher: "I'm sure I gave you the info to study for the test. So I'll just fail all of you."
Me: No, you missed the last 4 classes with us so we don't know a damn thing about this subject
CrayCray teacher: "Well good luck."
Me: (rolls eyes) Yeah, you too.

     
    Nothing cures annoyance of crazy teachers like mug cake. Except if that mug cake is made in a tiny, cute teacup. Did I mention it's delicious?

    This isn't just any mug cake, it's a crazy one. But not bad crazy like the CrayCray teacher. It's good crazy because it has no milk, eggs, or whatever you usually find in a cake. It's just flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, oil, water, baking soda, and the secret ingredient, vinegar.
   This cake tastes just like a chocolate timbit. But you can make it a home!


Crazy Mug (teacup) Cake    

Servings: 1 cake 

Recipe adapted from: http://www.food.com/recipe/5-minute-wacky-vegan-microwave-chocolate-    cake-for-one-458008


   Ingredients

2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
a fat pinch of baking soda
a little pinch of salt
1/4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp water
1/3 tsp white vinegar
a pinch of icing sugar

   Instructions

1.  Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in the teacup.
2. Pour the oil, and water into the cup and mix until combined.
3. Pour the vinegar into the mixture and again, mix until combined.
4. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute and 30 seconds.*
5. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!

*My microwave is real old, like ancient, and also very weak. So, either microwave on medium or low, or shorten the cooking time depending on the microwave that you have.

I hope you don't have a CrayCray teacher in your life. But, if you do, I prescribe a dose of this cake everyday with a glass of milk until you graduate.

                                                -Lori

 

No comments:

Post a Comment